Good Day Ladies!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day Weekend! Ours was relaxing and bonding. Spending time with my family is something I definitely treasure.
I’ve recently opened up to you all about my desire to homeschool my children. This summer will be my first time diving into this new arena, a bit. I’m excited about the challenge, yet a bit intimidated. You see, I am a public school educator and I all of my experience has been with high schoolers…not with the little ones. :)
This will be a first for me, but I’m encouraged knowing that I will be able to educate my own children and give them the quality time and attention they deserve.
Here’s a list of my Top Ten Questions for experienced homeschooling moms (and dads) that many of us Newbies have:
1. Where, in your home, do you homeschool your children?
2. What is your favorite homeschool curriculum?
3. How many hours a day do you homeschool your children?
4. What are your favorite websites or blogs dedicated to homeschooling?
5. Besides the basics (Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies), what other subjects do you teach your children?
6. How often do you take field trips (“experiences”)?
7. Where do you find the best bargains on your homeschooling supplies?
8. What has been the biggest challenge in homeschooling?
9. What has been the biggest reward in homeschooling?
10. What one piece of advice would you offer to a Homeschooling newbie?
If you are an experienced Homeschooling Mom, please feel free to chime in with your ideas and suggestions…we Newbies need help! :)